Tag Archives: blazers
When it comes to warm weather clothing, you need to be able to reach for items that are constructed of breathable fabric. Natural fibers like linen are great at keeping you cool, while letting you look crisp and comfortable.
One great attribute of linen fabric itself is that it is supposed to have an inherent “wrinkled” look, which is great for those who hate to iron, although the wrinkles come naturally while you wear them, so you may want to give your linen clothing a “once over” or steam before you put them on.
One of the items that are one of the essential menswear linen pieces for summer is pants. These lightweight, casual pants are the perfect accompaniment to a cool tank top or t-shirt and flips flops. Linen trousers will give you the extra leg coverage that you want, but in the summertime fabric that you need. Many people think of linen in the traditional off-white color, but now you will find linen in many different hues, like this bleached denim blue color.
Linen shirts are also a “must-have” essential item for your summertime wardrobe. This cool and comfy gauzy-white linen with the half-button front placket and rolled up sleeves says “beach vacation” without even having to be near the shore, while this natural linen v-neck t-shirt has a more modern tweed/abstract animal print that would be perfect with a pair of jeans or chino shorts for an outside cafe lunch in the city.
If you are looking for something that is a little dressier in linen, but still has that great summertime feel, then check out this two-button natural linen blazer with the thin lapels, slit pockets, and button sleeves. This jacket is a great versatile piece that could be paired with either pants or shorts for the perfect summertime look. You can even treat your feet to some linen with these colorfully leather-trimmed linen driving mocs to complete you “easy/breezy” look.
Ladies and gents, it’s time for another great contest! This time, we’re giving away A FREE BLAZER courtesy of KnotStandard! AWESOME STUFF! Here’s a few possible looks for you to consider – also check out their online selection:
The leaves are turning, the weather is cooler and you’re taking off for a weekend getaway. But your closet is still full of summer shorts and t-shirts. Not sure what to pack for that three day, two night trip? Let us make it easy for you with a quick five point guide to dressing smart while fitting everything into a carryon or weekend bag.
1. Chinos are the perfect fall casual pant. Choose classic tan chinos or navy for an easy, laidback look that can be dressed up for an evening out.
2. Sport coats are an absolute lifesaver. Seriously, don’t even think about leaving home without one. A sport coat or blazer is the perfect way to style up a casual look, provide a place to hold your keys, wallet and mobile phone and add a touch of sartorial savvy to a relaxed weekend. We suggest the Navy Windowpane Blazer. Comfortable and versatile, it works well with chinos, jeans and slacks.
3. A dress shirt, two Polo or Henley tees and a pullover will get you through every event, gathering or activity you have planned. Wear the dress shirt with slacks and a blazer for Friday night dinner. Choose a lighter colored Polo with slacks for that early Saturday morning round of golf. The Henley works well with jeans and a cardigan or sweater vest for Sunday lunch.
4. Sneakers and a semi casual pair of shoes or boots. Choose quality leather for the shoes and make sure they are comfortable, polished and (mostly) odor free. Wrap shoes in a shower cap or plastic bag when packing.
5. Don’t forget the Dopp Kit! Also called a shaving kit, the Dopp Kit is really a bag within a bag that carries all the personal grooming essentials – shampoo, shaving cream, razor, deodorant, toothbrush and toothpaste, nail clippers, condoms, aftershave, hair gel, chapstick, comb – you will need. Whether you’re going fishing, to the mountains or visiting family, stay clean shaven and well groomed easily with all the right pieces in one place.
One of my favorite designers for men’s blazers is the iconic Ralph Lauren. His jackets are classically tailored and his designs are timeless. Blazers are such versatile pieces in your wardrobe, and Ralph Lauren offers some very impressive pieces that can be worn with dress pants, chinos, or your favorite pair of jeans.
As I have said previously, a blazer is an item that can tie a whole outfit together. Given the season, the materials turn to the richness of wool and other denser fabrics like corduroy. One of my favorite blazers from Ralph Lauren is a black and cream, 100% virgin wool herringbone sportscoat. It comes with sloping shoulders, a notched lapel, double back vents, and the distinct details of suede patched elbows, a two-button closure and buttoned cuffs. It is an exquisitely constructed piece that is made in Italy, which explains how it retails at $1300+ at a high end store like Sage Clothing.
The second look from Ralph Lauren that I really like is way more on the casual side: a 3-button Corduroy Sport Coat. Yes, 3 buttons may still be largely out ofvogue right now, the 100% cotton corduroy in a medium brown tone, with notched lapels, two flap button chest pockets, and cozy interior pockets more than vindicates the piece as downright fun. The rich brown is a ringer for Fall fabrics and it makes the perfect layering piece over a button-down shirt, a sweater, or under a down quilted vest. This particular blazer will run you a lot less at around $400 and will not lack in top quality fashion!
In these tough economic times, fashion lovers are faced with a tough task: finding the very best deals on the items that they want to buy. For many, looking good is not just a vain consideration, but it’s part of who they are and what they do on a day-to-day basis. Developments in technology mean that we can make purchases at the click of a button, and this is undoubtedly very convenient. But is it the best option when it comes to saving cash? Here, we’ll take a look at the factors that come into play.
Firstly, let’s consider supply and demand. The basic rules of economics mean that when something is readily available, the prices will plummet through an effort by retailers to make the sale. As the online marketplace becomes saturated with clothing suppliers, they’re becoming more and more competitive, and as a result, are keen to offer low prices. On the high street, there simply isn’t the amount of competition. Yes, there might be several other shops, but a quick internet search will often bring up hundreds of thousands of options. Looking at the big picture though, online and department stores are actually in competition with each other. As prices drop online, bricks and mortar stores need to keep up. In many cases, you’ll find that because of this, prices remain fairly similar.
If you are the kind of guy who likes great quality clothing, but doesn’t want to pay full price, then now is the time of year to start looking for items to add to your wardrobe. The “end of the season sales” can be the best time to stock up on essentials for next season or just pick up that piece of clothing that you have had your eye on, but didn’t want to top dollar for.
For example, at bergdorfgoodman.com there is a classic denim blazer by Michael Kors that is located in the men’s sale section. It has a notched lapel, a welt chest pocket, two flap pockets, a two button closure, and comes in a versatile indigo cotton denim. This is a great casual item that was originally $495, but has been marked down to $222.