Military fashion was initially popularized during the 60s, and it has made a comeback. Military clothing comes in khaki, green, beige, blues, and olive hues. Patterns tend to mimic service uniforms from all branches of the military. Trench coats, baggy pants, berets, and jackets mostly inspired by the military uniforms of the 20th century are the season’s hottest trend. Military style clothing is a timeless and versatile fashion trend that is worthy of the investment.
There are many ways by which you can incorporate it into your wardrobe. Here are few military fashion tips for the season:
- An easy way to put a military spin on all your ensembles is to invest in an olive-colored jacket.
- You can mix and match two different patterns to create that funky look. You can create an interesting look by pairing micro-plaid tee inside a khaki jacket or maybe pair it with a baggy cargo that you can carry all year round.
- The cargo pant is always a military staple. For a casual look try levis army cargo pants. You can pair them with a short sleeve crew neck tee, and rugged extras. A mock neck scarf in neon can bang on this trend. You can pair it with a thin sweater underneath and a blazer at the top in cool earthy colors for a formal look.
- Keeping everything in a single is quite popular among young boys in teens. Toning down the brightness and cranking up the use of solid, primary colors is a perfect choice for a casual day wear.
- Military inspired boots and shoes are also a dominating the men’s fashion trend. Pair them with your skinny denims and an army style tucked in to kill it.
- Khaki and camel patterns are the go. Navy blue tees teamed up with a bit lighter and playful khakis in a solid mid-tones are a perfect for that real men look.
- You can experiment with your style. Combine your army gear with almost anything from your leather to denim to tees and trust me you can’t go wrong.
- A military inspired hat or a scarf has been always a cute accessory to add on. Accessorize your casual outfit with a military inspired belt, watches, bracelets to give a unique look to your basic style.
Military inspired attires are always a safe bet and make the smartest buys. ‘Army Look’ or Military styles for men are evergreen and masculine. This trend has brought a new revolution in Men’s fashion industry. Comfy cargos, big buttons, insignia on the shoulders and across bag is still dominating masculine men fashion accent. Cool items in olive and beige are currently enjoying a moment in menswear in 2013 fashion shows.