Sometimes, even though you may long to wear a sleeveless top in the summer to stay cool and comfortable, you have to cover your arms for work or a special event. But rest assured that there are plenty of stylish ways that you can cover your arms without having to worry about getting overheated in the process. Continue reading for a few tips that will have you looking great and staying cool, even if your arms are covered.
Look for the Right Fabrics
The right fabric is key to staying cool and comfortable during a summer event that requires that you wear sleeves of any length. Good options include any material that is particularly light on your skin. Transparent or semi-transparent fabrics are perfect, as is lace that is very breathable. The key is to stick with really lightweight materials that you will hardly feel on your arms and that will provide you with just enough coverage without overdoing it. Even a sequin top may work if the fabric is lightweight enough to make you feel cool and prevent you from overheating.
Don the Right Shapes
In addition to choosing the right fabrics, you should also choose the right shapes when it comes to the sleeves that you wear. A few good examples include batwing, bell, bishop, hanging, and butterfly sleeves.
- A batwing sleeve is basically a long sleeve that features a deep armhole. It also tapers as it moves towards your wrist.
- A bell sleeve is yet another long sleeve, but this one will be fitted basically from your shoulder down to your elbow. From the elbow downward towards your wrist, it will flare out just like bellbottom jeans would on your legs.
- A bishop sleeve is like a bell sleeve in the sense that it is fuller towards the bottom than it is towards the top. It also features fabric that is gathered together into a cuff at your wrist.
- A hanging sleeve is one that opens down the front or the side so that your arm can pass through and stay cool and comfortable.
- And, finally, a butterfly sleeve is a shorter sleeve option that provides more width around the shoulder and downward.
Pair a Sleeveless Top with a Transparent Top with Sleeves
Another way to stay cool is by wearing a sleeveless top underneath a transparent, dressy top that has any one of the sleeve types and lengths above. In this way, you can remain really cool because the top that you wear will be completely transparent and allow for plenty of airflow, but you will still be covered because of the sleeveless top underneath it. You can easily pair this elegant top combination with a skirt of any length, as well as a pair of dress pants, and you can wear this type of outfit to a party or to work.
Now that you know how to keep your arms cool even on the hottest summer day, you can attend any event and look and feel great.