Tag Archives: jewelry
Adding the finishing touches to an outfit doesn’t just involve the proper belt, shoes or bag. Jewelry is just as important and the right pair of pearl earrings can add quiet sophistication to even the simplest of looks. But women often buy pearl accessories based on personal preference, color and overall style. There are many other factors included in the decision-making process, from face shape to hair length and ear shape. Each aspect needs to be taken into account when searching for the perfect pair of pearl earrings.
After all, it’s a pity to invest in a beautiful pair of earrings that will never see the light of day because you later come to the conclusion that they simply did not match your features.
Getting Acquainted with Face Shapes
Face shape and skin tone are important in the fashion choices we make, not just because of the fact that certain colors don’t go well with particular skin tones, but also because you want your jewelry to not overwhelm your features. There are six main face shapes:
- Heart Shaped: perhaps the most feminine out of all six possibilities, heart shaped faces feature wider foreheads and a narrow chin.
- Long: Long faces have features that are equally wide (forehead, cheekbones and jaws) and tend to work well with any types of accessories.
- Oval:Similar to heart-shaped faces, oval-shaped ones feature foreheads that are just as wide as the cheekbones. From the cheeks towards the chin, the face narrows.
- Triangle: Also referred to as diamond-shaped, women with a triangle-shaped face have very strong cheekbones, wider than the chin and the forehead.
- Square: In this situation, both the forehead, the cheeks and the jaw have approximately the same width, however, the jaw lines tend to be well represented.
- Round:Also referred to as a circular face, round faces present with wide cheekbones. These do not taper down towards the chin as in the cases of other face shapes.
Choosing in Accordance to Face Shape
When describing pearl earrings, designers and sellers refer to the design and the materials that have been used to produce a particular piece. As such, earrings can be classified according to shape. These include:
- teardrop earrings (or dewdrop, which are meant to dangle below the wearer’s earlobe),
- studs (classic pearl earrings, consisting of a single pearl sitting directly on the wearer’s earlobe),
- chandeliers (which combine stud earrings and teardrop earrings into a piece which sits on the earlobe and has an additional component which dangles below the earlobe),
- cluster earrings (this particular earring type sits atop the earlobe and features clusters of tiny pearls which may or may not extend beyond the earlobe),
- hoops (such designs feature longer pieces of metal running from the front of the wearer’s earlobe to the back and may feature one or multiple pearls depending on the design),
- Clip-earrings (this particular design resembles hoops and is excellent for wearer’s who haven’t gotten their earlobes pierced; the clip-on mechanism allows the earring to clamp onto the ear)
While studs work excellently regardless of face shape, there are other styles and shapes that may be tricky. Women with oval or narrow faces look stunning regardless of the style of earrings they choose. Oval-shaped dangling earrings or chandelier ones, however, will draw attention to the wearer’s features. Round faces are a bit trickier to accessorize. Choose to elongate your natural features with dangle earrings or teardrop styles.
Women with heart-shaped faces can balance out the features of their faces by going for teardrop, dangle or chandelier earrings while those with square faces should choose hoop earrings, which add a delicate note. If hoops extend a bit below the jaw line, they create the illusion of a smaller face. Diamond-shaped faces should be accessorized with long styles with soft curves. Avoid dangle earrings and choose studs instead.
Jewelry can be a very expensive investment. Therefore, you need to be sure that before you pay any of your hard-earned money, you are dealing with a jewelry retailer that is honest and reputable. However, finding a jewelry retailer that fits these qualifications is often much easier said than done. Along with the reputations of the jewelry stores, the quality of jewelry they offer can vary greatly. A healthy amount of research should be done before you make any purchases. It is better to be safe than sorry, especially when a significant amount of money is involved. Here is how to find a dealer of quality pearls.
Ask people you know who have bought pearls
If any person in your life has purchased pearls before, he or she would be a valuable resource during your attempt to find a place to buy your own pearls. You should start with friends and members of your family. This is because you can completely trust whatever these people tell you. You do not need to worry about these people having a vested interest in convincing you to buy from a specific pearl dealer. If your friends and family do not provide you with any references, you should begin asking some of the people you work with. Also, some of your trusted neighbors might be able to send you in the right direction. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by asking these people for their advice.
Use a search engine
By doing a search, you will be able to look at the websites of some of the pearl dealers, such as the one found at https://www.lagunapearl.com/pearl-jewelry/pearl-earrings.html. You will be able to see their inventory, as well as some of the deals they are currently offering. However, it is common for pearl dealers to require you to call them to get specific pricing information. Do not be surprised if some of the prices are not listed. Before you purchase anything, you should read all of the fine print regarding their return policy. You need to be able to return your pearl item if you are not satisfied with it.
Reviews can be helpful
Reading reviews of pearl dealers can allow you to steer clear of the shysters and con artists that often operate in this industry. You should be able to get a few solid leads by using this method.
The internet has made conducting business transactions easier than anyone could have thought to be humanly possible. It is now possible to browse for various goods and services, ranging from the small biro pen to a building and buy them (or make orders or bids for them) without having to leave the safety and comfort of your own home. This is big accomplishment that has also made inroads in the business of buying and selling jewelry. There are hundreds of thousands of websites currently operating on the internet and dealing in the business of jewelry supply free shipping.
Since there are very many options for you to pick from, it is advisable that you have a checklist to use so that you can separate the wheat from the chaff. It is no secret that there are many unscrupulous business men and women who are only interested in fleecing you of your hard earned money. Having a checklist that will let you identify authentic and professional jewelry websites will go a long way in preventing you from falling into the hands of people who do not wish you well at all.
The following are some of the tips and suggestions that you can use to search for jewelry supply free shipping online:
1) Check the reputation of the websiteAuthentic jewelry websites are highly reputable sites that have great design and receive a lot of traffic each and every hour. It would be highly suspicious to send your credit card information to a shady website with landing pages that are full of grammatical errors and surrounded by poor design. These are clear red flags that you should be looking out for when searching for an online site to buy jewelry from. A reputable site will also be popular and you will find a few of your friends and coworkers mentioning it to you.
2) A website with a money back guaranteeGenuine websites dealing in genuine jewelry know that there is nothing to worry with buying their precious gems and jewels. This is why they have a money back guarantee, where you are assured of getting your money back if you find that the jewelry you have bought is defective or if you suddenly develop buyer’s remorse. The money back guarantee inspires confidence and allows you to test the ring or necklace that you buy before returning it to the store that you bought it from.
3) Wide jewelry collection to choose from It is also important to note that you only deal with sites that have a wide array of jewelry to choose from. This will allow you to be flexible enough so that you can choose the best pieces that have caught your eye. Sites with limited collections should be avoided as they will severely limit your chances of finding a good piece to buy and take home.
4) Other incentivesThe best jewelry sites online have incentives like free shipping that reduces your expenses and motivates you to buy more from them. It would be wise to take advantage of such features.
Do you have a guy on your holiday list that loves to accessorize? Then, here are a few ideas that may help you cross them off your list and “wow” them in the process. For starters, just about every man has a few pieces of jewelry. They may have a dress watch and one for casual wear, perhaps a pair of cuff links or two, maybe a necklace or tie clip, or a few rings. Even some of the younger men may have a collection of earrings, if they happen to have a piercing or two.
Some of these accessories may be on the expensive side or of sentimental value, so it is important to take care to store the pieces properly. One classy idea is a box designed specifically for storing men’s jewelry from www.silverofwestport.com; the container comes a deep, rich wood base, felted divided compartments of various sizes for housing all his accessories, and even watch pillows to keep his time pieces clean and protected. This particular one will run you about $130, but will last for years to come.
Is there a man on your gift list that is a lover of luxury mens gloves? Then, you may want to check out this pair of men’s black cashmere and leather gloves by Lanvin of Paris. They combine two of the most sought after luxury fabrics in their design with the supple leather palms and softness of the cashmere glove top and thumb. A selection of Lanvin accessories can be found at Nordstroms. This gift would definitely require professional cleaning, as opposed to something that you can take care of at home and be a little more expensive than the average pair of gloves.
Lastly, there is one accessory that not only serves the purpose of keeping time, but also is an integral part of completing your look: the watch. Even though it may not be an everyday accessory for all men, there is always a time when a watch is the perfect mens accessory to an outfit. For example, this Men’s Black Leather Strap Analogue Watch by Fossil combines gold and silver tone metals in the face and watch bezel, along with the black leather strap to make the perfect gift choice if you are not sure if they prefer white metals or more golden hues.
Choosing the Perfect Piece of Jewellery for Her at Christmas
Jewellery is a perfect gift for your girlfriend or significant other at any time of year, for a birthday, anniversary, or as a surprise present. But finding a jewellery gift under the Christmas tree can make a magical time of year even more special.
The world of jewellery can be daunting. Whether you have a large or small budget, there are so many types, styles, metals and gemstones to choose from that it can be hard to know where to start. Here’s a list of things to consider before making your jewellery purchase.
Type of Jewellery
There is a huge variety of jewellery options, from necklaces and bracelets, to earrings, brooches and rings. There are also hundreds of subcategories within each of these categories. A necklace or pair of earrings are a great gift for almost any girl, whether she’s a friend, a sibling, or your mum. But if you’re looking for a personal present for your significant other, a diamond ring is a beautiful and meaningful gift. Whether you’re looking for a promise ring, eternity ring, or planning on popping the question on Christmas day, Chisholm Hunter offer a huge selection of rings.
You know the song, ‘Diamonds Are a Girl’s Best Friend?’ Well, it’s true. Jewellery contains a multitude of gemstones, from diamonds to rubies and emeralds. Consider the recipient’s favorite colors, skin tone and what clothes or jewellery they tend to wear. In addition, many gemstones have associated meanings and some people believe they have health or healing properties.
Personality and Style
Think about the age and interest of the person you’re buying for. Does your partner love pink? Does she prefer being outdoors and lead an active lifestyle? Or does her life revolve around her love of rock music? A professional woman with a classic taste may prefer a simple bangle, small pendant necklace or traditional diamond earrings. If your girlfriend is self-employed, likes to travel or has a versatile wardrobe, she may prefer a bold or unique piece.
You should also consider metal options. The two most common metals used in jewellery are silver and yellow gold. Both can work great with light or dark skin tones, so it comes down to preference. Take note of the jewellery she normally wears to know which metal to choose. There’s also the option of white gold and platinum for more expensive pieces, such as engagement rings. They are a better option than silver as they won’t tarnish, but bear in mind that white gold will require rhodium plating as it yellows with wear.
Jewellery is the perfect gift for your significant other or female family member. Think about the recipient and make it personal for an amazing Christmas present.
A Danish brand founded in 1982, Pandora has become an internationally successful jewellery brand. The fact that they have been established for more than three decades may be a surprise, as they have only been popular for the last decade. They now have over 10,000 stores worldwide and is now known as the authority on charm bracelets. Pandora has also become known and recognised for producing designer necklaces, rings and watches.
Part of Pandora’s popularity is the uniqueness of their products. You can build a one of a kind piece of jewellery by choosing a bracelet and collecting your favourite charms. Buying charms over time for special occasions and events means your bracelet will tell a story that is unique to you; each charm becomes a memory. There are charms to commemorate weddings, travel adventures or sporting achievements that will represent something different to every wearer.
Unlike the traditional charm bracelet where charms dangle below a chain, Pandora bracelets work by threading the bead so it sits around the bracelet. Pandora also offer dangling charms, but they all affix using the same threaded format. With the increasing popularity of Pandora, there are now hundreds of jewellery makers creating charm bracelets that work in the same format.
The Perfect Christmas Gift
A Pandora charm bracelet makes the perfect present, but with different bracelet options and hundreds of charms to choose from, it can be daunting and difficult to know where to start. There are gold, silver, enamel and gem stone charms in a variety of themes such as food, hearts and animals. There are also charms perfect for milestones, such as 18th or 21st birthdays, graduations, or the birth of a baby, as well as those that are collectable, limited edition releases or country exclusives.
For a great gift, start by choosing from a large range of bracelets including metal, rope style or braided leather. These start at varying prices but Pandora Multi String Bracelets are a popular and affordable choice. This style of bracelet makes the perfect festive gift when paired with Pandora’s line of Christmas charms.
If she is already a Pandora lover and collector, buying additional charms are an easy gift that will fit every budget and can be just as meaningful as an expensive diamond piece. Make sure you follow Pandora’s official Instagram for a exclusive look at upcoming collections and designs.
Whether you are searching for a meaningful gift for someone special or want to treat yourself, Pandora is the perfect choice. Choose one of their famous charm bracelets and create a piece of jewellery that is unique to you or the recipient and reflects yours or their personal story.