Tag Archives: jewelry
Society evolved and what was seen as common practice a few years ago is no longer accurate. Nowadays, modern women do expect the same rights as men and education evolved to the point where engagement rings are no longer just for women.
Women have many reasons to consider proposing. In some situations this happens as the woman just wants to know where the relationship is at. Also, we do have the situation in which the woman is faced with a better financial stability where she thinks that it is financial worries stopping the man from buying an engagement ring. No matter what situation we are faced with, younger crowds do gravitate towards gender role sharing without any associated embarrassment. This led towards a constant growth in popularity for handmade engagement rings for men.
The Fiancee Is Taken
Women do now want other women to know the fact that the fiancée is taken so it is normal to see that increase in man-gagement rings. Jewellery stores are quickly picking up the trend and feminists do consider it offensive that they have to wear an engagement ring, showcasing that they are taken, while men do not have such a limit that is imposed. Couples do buy matching rings, without taking into account who proposed.
Men Do Wear Jewellery
A few years ago, up until the late nineties, most men did not wear jewellery. This trend did change. There are many men that wear designer clothes and jewellery. Because of this shift, many men are feeling a little slighted that girlfriends receive beautiful engagement rings and they do not. Women thus now buy matching engagement rings for their soon to be spouses. We also see a constant increase in the number of men that buy their very own engagement rings, usually as a set that comes with the woman’s.
Gay Marriage Rights
In the USA we have gay marriage being legal in all states. That automatically led towards a growth in the number of male engagement rings as they basically take on a brand new meaning together with the legal aspect of gay marriage. Various jewellery stores in states that were progressive about this matter are now promoting diversity and actually have many interesting diamond rings that are designed for men that want to engage to other men.
Creating New Traditions
Engagement rings for men are driven in part by the fact that the younger generation is now looking to create brand new traditions and distance itself from the older traditions. The current generation has a reputation of bucking tradition and going on a new path with millennials embracing equality and the evolution of marriage.
On the whole, we can say that marriage is nowadays seen differently and engagement rings for men are no longer taboo. They are accepted and they are becoming a part of culture in many parts of the world. There is no shame in wearing one and there are some that are incredibly beautiful in jewellery stores that embraced change.
Silver is a beautiful metal and when it is used to make handmade jewellery it can be wonderfully exquisite because of its brilliance, lustre and versatility. A silver charm bracelet is a gorgeous one of a kind piece of jewellery that you will treasure, but if it is neglected it can be prone to tarnish.
When silver comes into contact with sulphur or oxygen it can appear dirty or discoloured and this will take away from the beauty of your jewellery. Caring for silver jewellery and keeping it looking like new isn’t too difficult, it simply requires a few simple steps. In this article we will offer tips for caring for your silver jewellery so that you can keep it shining bright.
- Never wear your silver jewellery when swimming, as the chlorinated water of a pool or the salt water of the ocean will cause it to become tarnished.
- Make sure that you spray on hairspray and perfume before you put on your jewellery, as these chemicals can also negatively affect the shine.
- Silver jewellery should be stored in a cool and dry place and should be wrapped in acid free tissue paper or a tarnish-resistant cloth that is specially designed for silver jewellery.
- Many people swear by the practice of adding a piece of white chalk to where they store their silver jewellery, as this old remedy is reported to prevent tarnish.
- Another strategy is to use one of the silica packs that you get when you buy a pair of new shoes – they are designed to absorb moisture and they can help your silver to last longer.
- When it comes time to clean your jewellery, you should clean it with soap and water and polish it with a soft cloth and dry it very well.
- You should not use toothpaste when cleaning your silver charm bracelets, as it will scratch the silver.
- You don’t need to wash the jewellery every time, you can keep it clean on a regular basis by using a polishing cloth and buffing it. There are polishing cloths that you can buy which are designed for silver and are impregnated with a polishing compound. They last a long time and they give an amazing shine.
- When you are polishing your silver charm bracelets you should be using a back and forth motion along the grain of the silver, rather than rubbing it in circles. When you rub the silver in circles it will magnify any of the tiny scratches in the metal. It is also important to switch to a different part of the cloth regularly so that you will not be placing tarnish back onto the silver.
- If you need to get into the small grooves and areas of your silver charm jewellery, you can use a Q-tip.
- There are commercial dips that are made for silver jewellery, but they can be harsh and they should only be used when the silver is very heavily tarnished.
- After you have cleaned your silver jewellery you should always make sure to dry it completely, because if you leave any residue on it that will cause the silver to tarnish faster.
- You might consider cleaning your silver jewellery with steam or hot water, but remember that these methods are good for metals but not necessarily for delicate stones.
- Do not use gloves when you are cleaning silver, as the rubber will emit a sulphur that will damage the silver.
- A natural solution is to use olive oil and lemon juice and mix it in a large bowl. You can use about one half cup of lemon juice to a teaspoon of olive oil. Dip a cloth into the solution and use it to wipe the jewellery, then rinse the silver and let it dry completely.
- Another option is to use white vinegar and baking soda to clean your jewellery. You can soak the tarnished piece of jewellery in a half cup of white vinegar and two tbsp. of baking soda for two or three hours, then rinse off the charm bracelet and let it dry completely. Be prepared – when you combine the baking soda and vinegar it will start to fizz!
These are just a few important tips that you should keep in mind when it comes to caring for your charm bracelet and other silver jewellery. With the right care and maintenance, this jewellery will look beautiful, bright and shiny for many years.
Ladies, why not show off that fabulous manicure with a trendy new ring? Dainty little rings are nice, but big statement pieces are king of the scene these days. Get in on the fun with a few baubles to really dress up those Instagram shots. There’s something for everyone and at $30 and under, every budget too!
Add a little personality with French Connection’s Silver-Tone Nugget and Tube Ring. This fashion forward ring features an open design and a majestic monarch blue faceted stone.
X marks the spot with BCBGengeration’s Gold-Tone X Ring. This popular ‘x’ shaped design is a favorite among fashion bloggers and nail art enthusiasts. This crossed ring is an easy way to add interest to any ensemble.
Geometrical ancient designs are never a bad idea. Lucky Brand’s Silver-Tone Geometric Ring brings an Aztec-print straight to your finger tips. Perfect to pair with a boho sundress or the suedes of fall. This ring is the cool fashion girl’s new best friend.
INC International Concepts’ Gold-Tone Crystal Pavé Bar Ring is like modern elegance for your finger. The bold eye-catching design feels luxe and expensive when paired with rolled up jeans and a t-shirt and perfect with a sleek silhouettes for a night out.
With so many fancy designs (and 10 fingers), we don’t see a reason to stop at just one. So take advice from Beyonce and “put a ring on it.”
Adding the finishing touches to an outfit doesn’t just involve the proper belt, shoes or bag. Jewelry is just as important and the right pair of pearl earrings can add quiet sophistication to even the simplest of looks. But women often buy pearl accessories based on personal preference, color and overall style. There are many other factors included in the decision-making process, from face shape to hair length and ear shape. Each aspect needs to be taken into account when searching for the perfect pair of pearl earrings.
After all, it’s a pity to invest in a beautiful pair of earrings that will never see the light of day because you later come to the conclusion that they simply did not match your features.
Getting Acquainted with Face Shapes
Face shape and skin tone are important in the fashion choices we make, not just because of the fact that certain colors don’t go well with particular skin tones, but also because you want your jewelry to not overwhelm your features. There are six main face shapes:
- Heart Shaped: perhaps the most feminine out of all six possibilities, heart shaped faces feature wider foreheads and a narrow chin.
- Long: Long faces have features that are equally wide (forehead, cheekbones and jaws) and tend to work well with any types of accessories.
- Oval:Similar to heart-shaped faces, oval-shaped ones feature foreheads that are just as wide as the cheekbones. From the cheeks towards the chin, the face narrows.
- Triangle: Also referred to as diamond-shaped, women with a triangle-shaped face have very strong cheekbones, wider than the chin and the forehead.
- Square: In this situation, both the forehead, the cheeks and the jaw have approximately the same width, however, the jaw lines tend to be well represented.
- Round:Also referred to as a circular face, round faces present with wide cheekbones. These do not taper down towards the chin as in the cases of other face shapes.
Choosing in Accordance to Face Shape
When describing pearl earrings, designers and sellers refer to the design and the materials that have been used to produce a particular piece. As such, earrings can be classified according to shape. These include:
- teardrop earrings (or dewdrop, which are meant to dangle below the wearer’s earlobe),
- studs (classic pearl earrings, consisting of a single pearl sitting directly on the wearer’s earlobe),
- chandeliers (which combine stud earrings and teardrop earrings into a piece which sits on the earlobe and has an additional component which dangles below the earlobe),
- cluster earrings (this particular earring type sits atop the earlobe and features clusters of tiny pearls which may or may not extend beyond the earlobe),
- hoops (such designs feature longer pieces of metal running from the front of the wearer’s earlobe to the back and may feature one or multiple pearls depending on the design),
- Clip-earrings (this particular design resembles hoops and is excellent for wearer’s who haven’t gotten their earlobes pierced; the clip-on mechanism allows the earring to clamp onto the ear)
While studs work excellently regardless of face shape, there are other styles and shapes that may be tricky. Women with oval or narrow faces look stunning regardless of the style of earrings they choose. Oval-shaped dangling earrings or chandelier ones, however, will draw attention to the wearer’s features. Round faces are a bit trickier to accessorize. Choose to elongate your natural features with dangle earrings or teardrop styles.
Women with heart-shaped faces can balance out the features of their faces by going for teardrop, dangle or chandelier earrings while those with square faces should choose hoop earrings, which add a delicate note. If hoops extend a bit below the jaw line, they create the illusion of a smaller face. Diamond-shaped faces should be accessorized with long styles with soft curves. Avoid dangle earrings and choose studs instead.
Jewelry can be a very expensive investment. Therefore, you need to be sure that before you pay any of your hard-earned money, you are dealing with a jewelry retailer that is honest and reputable. However, finding a jewelry retailer that fits these qualifications is often much easier said than done. Along with the reputations of the jewelry stores, the quality of jewelry they offer can vary greatly. A healthy amount of research should be done before you make any purchases. It is better to be safe than sorry, especially when a significant amount of money is involved. Here is how to find a dealer of quality pearls.
Ask people you know who have bought pearls
If any person in your life has purchased pearls before, he or she would be a valuable resource during your attempt to find a place to buy your own pearls. You should start with friends and members of your family. This is because you can completely trust whatever these people tell you. You do not need to worry about these people having a vested interest in convincing you to buy from a specific pearl dealer. If your friends and family do not provide you with any references, you should begin asking some of the people you work with. Also, some of your trusted neighbors might be able to send you in the right direction. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by asking these people for their advice.
Use a search engine
By doing a search, you will be able to look at the websites of some of the pearl dealers, such as the one found at https://www.lagunapearl.com/pearl-jewelry/pearl-earrings.html. You will be able to see their inventory, as well as some of the deals they are currently offering. However, it is common for pearl dealers to require you to call them to get specific pricing information. Do not be surprised if some of the prices are not listed. Before you purchase anything, you should read all of the fine print regarding their return policy. You need to be able to return your pearl item if you are not satisfied with it.
Reviews can be helpful
Reading reviews of pearl dealers can allow you to steer clear of the shysters and con artists that often operate in this industry. You should be able to get a few solid leads by using this method.